Wood Sealants is a wooden coat and is often used over the stain or on unstained wood. It is used to seal the pores of the wood to give it a smooth and even surface to be able to put over the top coat or varnish. The sealer coat will also prevent successive coats of finish materials.
Advantages of Wood Sealant
There are numerous advantages to applying ood sealants to your wooden products, Including:
- It is completely environmentally safe
- It is a one-time application only procedure, so you apply it once and it sticks.
- Wood Sealant leaves a clear and natural finished look on your wooden products.
- It enhances the grains in the wood.
- Wood seallants provide a surface for better bonding of varnish, paint or other stains on the product.
- Seals, waterproofs, preserves and hardens the wood product.
- It forms an entire wooden seal and penetrates the wood.
- The physical characteristics does not change on the product
- It prevents that the wood becomes damp, moldy of grow fungus.
- Wood Sealant gives the product a nonslip surface, especially when wet.
Where to use Wood Sealants?
- Cedar Shakes
- Other wood
- Newly treated wood or old treated wood